Smoke can gradually continue to deteriorate your property.
In just a few minutes, smoke can discolor the walls. Within a few hours, finishes on kitchen appliances can turn yellow. Smoke causes etching in glass after just a short time and will tarnish metal quickly. Ash and smoke can continue to cause damage and corrosion to materials if they are left behind. Most importantly, the residue left behind after a fire is a biohazard and can cause health problems if it is not taken care of correctly and thoroughly.
We will move fast to carefully clean all contents and protect your property from further disaster.
Do not touch any surfaces in your home or business except to clean laminate, chrome, porcelain, or aluminum. Touching surfaces like upholstery, walls, carpets, and woodwork can permanently set the soot.
Our fire and smoke damage services can include:
- Emergency board-up
- Provided dumpsters
- Emergency power
- Pack out the remaining contents for cleaning and storing
- Thermal deodorization to mitigate smoke damage
- Full reconstruction of your property
What to Do While You Wait for Us
- For temperatures above 60 degrees, open all the windows and doors to clear out smoke odor.
- To save laminate, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum objects from tarnishing or etching, wipe them down.
- If you use a forced-air furnace, change the air filter.
- Capture loose soot in the air by taping damp cheesecloth over returns and supply registers
- Wash house plants on both sides of the leaves.
- Discard any open food packages.
- For fire damage that results in no power, empty the refrigerator of its contents, wipe it down, and leave it
open to air out.
What NOT to Do While You Wait for Us
- Don’t touch or attempt to clean upholstery, walls, carpets, or woodwork as doing so can permanently set
- Don’t use household appliances until they have been checked by a professional.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
How You Can Help Us
- Please take care of yourself during this stressful time by identifying any items you need immediately, such as medication, food, clothing, or toiletries.
- Identify any valuable items that you would like to keep on your person, including jewelry, family, heirlooms, and collectables.
- Prepare yourself to sign a Statement of Authorization, which will allow us to begin working on your home or business.
- Help us make decisions about what can be restored and what should be replaced, especially for items with sentimental value.
- Come with us to your contents pack out and delivery, especially if any of the items are being relocated.